Saturday, November 24, 2012

Moving on

I broke my engagement with NaBloPoMo. You noticed? Yes, well, let me tell you, I stand by my decision. This was not a blogging fail but rather a very deliberate refusal to blog daily. It was fun for the first few days, but it was a huge time and energy suck. I ran out of things to talk about, and was always rushing against the clock so I didn't even feel like I was saying things well. I guess people who successfully complete a BloPoMo have an arsenal of topics or even pre-written posts they can draw from. I didn't have that. So I let it go. And it was awesome. I had time to read, catch up on Dexter and the Walking Dead, go out and have a life and not have to blog before bed. Done.

Now I can get back to regaling you with hijinx that result in conversations you don't want repeated at preschool. Like this one.

The setting: Sam and I in the bathtub together the other night. He is staring at my boobs because, well, they are at his eye level. He is washing his chest. 

Sam: Can we go nipples to nipples?

Me: . . . No, thank you.

Sam: Why?

Me: Well, nipples are very personal and I don't really like mine being touched.

Sam: . . . (thinking) . . . Why are my nipples not long?

Me: (stifling laughter) Well, you're a little boy and I'm a Mummy, and I have fed two babies with my nipples. Feeding babies makes nipples long.

Sam: . . . (thinking. and now touching his nipples) . . . maybe when I`m older I can feed a baby with my nipples.

Me: (what can I say . . . ?) Maybe. But usually only women can feed babies from their nipples.

Sam: Maybe I can be a woman when I get older.

Oh, Sam : ) I love your simple conclusions. You can be whatever you want when you get older, whatever makes your heart happy.






2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this!!

    Do you remember a couple of weeks ago - I was babysitting (David working 'nights' and you were working also) and so I was getting a crash course on 2 children, hubby out) and I'm in your kitchen making dinner . . . and warming a bottle for Lu and in the span of 40 seconds - we had this conversation:

    Sam: Can you feed Lucy with your nipples?
    Me: Nope
    Sam: Why not?
    Me: Because she's not MY baby, she's your Mummy's baby so your Mummy feeds her with HER nipples
    Sam: Well, wheres your baby?
    Me: I don't have one
    Sam: Is your baby in your tummy yet?
    Me: No, I don't have a baby in my tummy
    Sam: Are you sure your baby isn't in your tummy?
    Me: Yup, there's no baby in my tummy (me now pulling my sweater taut and showing my not terribly flat but definitely not maternally round midsection)
    Sam: Well - maybe your baby is in your tummy and you haven't let her out yet?
    Me: Wanna watch Chugington til supper time and I won't tell your Mom!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete